Microsoft TMG Replacement
So what is TMG ?
Forefront TMG (Threat Management Gateway) formerly known as Microsoft Security and Acceleration Server (ISA server) is a Microsoft product that was typically used as a reverse proxy to securely publish internal applications and services to the internet.
It has been heavily used with Exchange, Sharepoint, Lync/ Skype for business and many applications hosted on Microsoft IIS.
Microsoft decided to end end-of-life TMG with End of Support on April 14th 2015. Although this was a long time ago, many organizations still use it.
What can I do now, What are the alternatives to this?
- As always you could build a solution from open-source components, although the faint-hearted should not attempt this due to the complexity and range of features required.
- Or you could buy something – There are a number of top-end ADC/ load balancers that offer this, some being too complex and costly and others too simplistic and not fit for purpose.
Introducing Celestix Edgenexus – Load balancer and ADC
The Celestix Edgenexus has all the features you require for a TMG replacement as standard. Easy to implement and easy to manage.
- Add an Authentication server – For example LDAP.
- Create a rule to use it and choose if you want to present a form or basic auth to your users (Customizable)
- Choose when you want the rule to fire – What URLS etc.
- Full Reverse Proxy
- Pre-Authentication and
- SSO Single Sign On across applications
- Active Directory Integration
- Radius Authentication
- Customizable login forms
- Customisable Challenge
- Full Logging